Students will attend the Hifdh Program from 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and will follow a 12-month calendar schedule. Please refer to our website for the Sacred Link Full-time Hifdh calendar.
This program is open to IFS and Non-IFS students.
- Completion of the Al -Qaidah-Noraniah (Beginner level book that teaches how to read the Holy Quran with Tajweed).
- Must be at least 8- 18 years of age, born before Oct 31st.
- Must pass the Pre-screening test prior to enrollment.
Assessment for Continuity:
- To remain in this program, there will be an assessment at the end of each academic quarter.
- Student goals will be assessed on an individual basis at the time of enrollment
Fees: $5,250 per year
What Does the Hifdh Curriculum Entail?
- The Sacred Link Programs will focus on 3 key components:
- Tajweed – knowledge and application of the rules
- Memorization – memorization of the Holy Quran
- Quran Vocabulary – high frequency words will be introduced along with their root words to assist students in the memorization.
How Will My Child Be Graded?
- The hifdh teacher will grade the students as they do routinely for all students in their class.
- Students will be graded on the following components:
- Hard work and motivation
- Harakat of the words
- Word Pronunciation
- Completion of Homework (most homework will be assigned on the weekends and breaks): It is the student’s responsibility to complete assigned homework. The homework will be assigned on an individual basis by mutual agreement between the parent, student, and teacher.
- Juz exams
- Weekly progress reports are emailed to the parent/guardian
What are the minimal expectations of these program for my child during the academic school year?
We realize that each student has a different learning and memorization pace, as well as different ability levels (with regards to previous Quran memorization, Arabic fluency, and knowledge of tajweed rules) present in the class composition. Students will be required to progress at a pace that is reflective of their own ability and comfort level.
Keeping the above mentioned differentiated instruction pedagogy in mind, there are minimal requirements that each child must complete by the end of 2019-2020 -year end.
Full-Time Hifdh students must complete the memorization and examination of 5 new Juz (not previously memorized).